For our project Kieztraum we mapped the favorite places of the people living in the neighborhood of Pankstraße. Their Ideas can be found here in the map.
You can map to at: https://mapmehappy.com/de/
What to map and what do not map?
Simply map any feature of a public place that gives you a positive experience.
THINGS TO MAP:
- give you energy
- are accessible for everyone
- make you laugh – out-loud or simply a harder breathing through the nose
- make you think “Faith in humanity restored!” are the perfect niche for your outdoor activities
- give you idea’s that could improve other places
- you would bring your friends, family or crush to
CONCRETELY, YOU CAN MAP:
- physical things such as a bicycle lane, a flower pot, a street art, a playground, a rooftop, etc.
- invisible things such as feelings of belonging, values you cherish, things you identify with, feeling accepted or at peace, etc.
- acts by people that happened in that place, such as an act of kindness
FOR THE SPATIAL PLANNERS:
- identify places with ‘positive potential’ and use your imagination for how this could be improved
- link positive practises found in one place to another place, so it become useful for the whole community
THINGS DO NOT MAP:
- give you negative experience (we are no complaints-outlet)
- are commercial and profit-oriented (e.g. bars, hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, etc.)
- are not public, such as your house, school or work