CONTINUE will support young people suffering from social exclusion to tackle the specific challenges of post-COVID times in terms of staying connected and integrated into European communities. For youth on the margins of society, COVID emergency raised multiple complications such as:
– increase of their financial, material and health related vulnerabilities;
– loss of their existing connections to the institutions, social care system, job opportunities & decrease of their chances of social integration;
– lack of some basic skills and capacities in digital communication cutting them from their social, educational and economic connections.
For tackling these challenges, CONTINUE intends to:
• understand the main difficulties of marginalised youth during COVID-19 and their vision about the main challenges of post-COVID times.
• create a digital framework for supporting a smooth transfer from offline to online exchanges between young people, youth organisations and governance structures
• capacity build for young people to delivery local social actions
• enhance dialogue between stakeholders, policy makers and youth and improve relevant policy
CONTINUE will directly involve young people with migrant and other marginal backgrounds in the project activities in order to enhance the interaction between individuals, their communities and the pan-European levels. The main outcomes will be:
1. Community Reporting insights and curated results presenting the problems of young people from their perspective
2. Local and pan European participatory and co-design events for discussing needs, local actions, policy recommendations
3. Local social actions implemented by the youth
4. Pan-European policy recommendations
5. CONTINUE online platform will be created for sharing tools, exchanges and learning.
CONTINUE will be realised by a Consortium of 8 NGOs working with marginal youth groups, experienced in youth education, community-based activities, policy recommendations, working with an extended network of organisations from different sectors.
The large-scale dissemination and outreach campaign and the online platform will also ensure the sustainability of the project’s results beyond the project cycle.